Thursday, October 2, 2008
Top 10 Extra "Thingies" Put Into The Bailout Package
10. $40 million emergency congressional pay package for overtime incurred during long, deliberating sessions
9. $300 million tax on the middle class to be immediately distributed back to the middle class
8. $156 million to establish insurance fund for lobbyists who bought ineffective influence in Washington
7. $22 billion in corn subsidies for ethanol
6. $472 million in subsidies for farmers to not grow too much corn
5. $127 million for Corn Huskers uniforms
4. $2 billion to communities built near active volcanoes
3. $33 billion in carbon offsets, non-hybrid auto carbon taxes, a ban on oil, and solar panels for endangered California condors
2. $77 billion to the Fund For Friends of Democrats Who Helped Cause This Whole Mess
1. $25,000 to cover the price of the paper the bill will be printed on
More taxen und schpenden, at The Pantheon Journal.
If you like this article, click the buzz button below.