- Born in Scranton, Pennsylvania, but has not been in ONE episode of The Office
- Became a Senator 35 years ago, which makes him an obvious choice for the Candidate of Change
- Put Supreme Court Justice Clarence Thomas through what Thomas called "a high-tech lynching."
- In His own words, graduated at the "top half" of his class: 76th out of 85
- He loved B.H. Obama from the start: " "I mean, you got the first mainstream African-American who is articulate and bright and clean and a nice-looking guy, I mean, that's a storybook, man."
- Winner of Time Magazine's Top 10 Campaign Gaffes for 2007
- Is a Foreign Policy Master: wanted to split Iraq into 3 different countries; in a prescient comment, said the surge in Iraq would fail and the General Petraeus was too optimistic; tried his best to turn Iraq over to Al-Qaeda and Shiite militias by insisting that we start pulling out of Iraq by Summer 2006.
- Placed third in the Most Liberal Senator Contest for 2007. (BHO was #1!)
Wikipedia article is here.
Praise & Criticism From Both Sides.
Good Summary of the Negatives can be found here, at the WaPo...